IEEE LAUS 2021 will be taking place as a fully virtual conference.
We request you to prepare and upload a video of your presentation, containing both the presentation slides and the presenter. This will be posted within your presentation time slot on the IEEE LAUS 2021 on-demand virtual platform. Please note that the file must be a video file in MP4 format (more details below). Please do not try to upload PowerPoint or PDF files.
Our recommended approach to record a compatible video from content displayed on your computer screen and voice recorded via the computer microphone, is to record the presentation using Zoom, available to users on most platforms and in most countries.
Presenters may choose to record their videos in Portuguese, Spanish, or English. Subtitles will later be added in the languages not selected. Please note that the presentation slides and/or poster should be written in English.
In order for videos to be verified by the technical program committee, they will need to be submitted in advance of the conference dates. Accordingly, we ask you that you please finalize your video no later than MONDAY, AUGUST 30, 2021.
Guidelines for preparing your video:
File size: 250MB max
Video file format: mp4
Dimensions: Minimum height 720 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
The required video times below do not include Q&A time, so please do not exceed these limits or you may risk not having time for questions.
Presentation Type Required Materials & Format
• 12-Minute Video & Presentation Slides
Videos will be played back in Zoom by the moderator & the speaker should be available for 3 Minute Q&A.
• 7-Minute Video
• Poster PDF – you may prepare this in a multiple slide format if you prefer.
Attendees can watch video on virtual platform asynchronously. Poster sessions will be held in parallel Zoom breakout rooms for 1-hour. Presenter will have ability to share screen, but videos will not be played back by moderator.
Q&A Sessions will take place live via Zoom, and will be in English.
You will receive a submission link and additional information to submit your work no later than August 23. Please prepare your presentation and additional submission data prior to the submission deadline.
Please be sure the video includes the title of the paper, the authors, and a mention to IEEE LAUS 2021. If you would like, you can incorporate the Zoom backgrounds below into your presentation.
Instructions for recording your presentation:
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. In this method, you can show your face via webcam (if you’d like) and display your slides as you talk. You can use any meeting software as long as you get a good quality recording and your final file is in the MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
- WebEx: Video Conferencing – Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
- Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting – Meet Help
- Zoom: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session | Techwalla and How to Convert and Open the GoToMeeting Recordings
- Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams – Office Support
- ActivePresenter: Download
- For Authors who are unable to access Zoom for free, use of the free software OBS, which allows also to capture simultaneously yourself while speaking and your slides: https://obsproject.com
- You can also use the two-step method covered here: Create Voice Over Power point and convert to MP4