Students are invited to participate in the Latin American Student Paper Competition. Abstracts submitted by students for the Latin American Student Paper Competition will be reviewed as usual by the Technical Program Committee (TPC). At that time, the TPC will select finalists from each Group for the Latin American Student Paper Competition (roughly in proportion to the number student abstracts submitted in each group). At the time of registration, the finalist is required to be a registered member of IEEE and UFFC.
All Student Finalist presentation will be presented in a special section for judging by a panel of judges representing the paper’s technical group.
- Student is the first author
- Work is of high quality and done by the student
- Abstract clearly describes the work and includes results
- Student has not won this award previously from any of the IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposia
- Clarity of student’s presentation
- Depth of student’s knowledge
- Degree of the student’s contribution to the project
- Relevancy of the work to the field
- Prizes sponsored by Verasonics